- If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 or your local emergency number. If you need to talk with someone, please check out the “Emergency Resources” and “Helpful Tumblrs” tabs at the side of the blog.
- You are welcome to leave feedback or a url (your own or another) to be posted on alert, but please do not leave vague or suicidal messages. You need not feel bad about submitting yourself, but please do so instead of leaving a suicidal message.
- Compassion Alert does not do promos, reblog things on request, or publish asks on the blog.
- If you are submitting the url of someone who has said goodbye, posted a suicide note, or has already started to attempt suicide, please include the word “Urgent” in your message.
- Putting the word ‘urgent’ in your message for someone who doesn’t fit the above description is not cool. Please stop doing it.
- Be considerate and don’t scream your message or ‘urgent’s in caps, please.
- Please include any helpful details about a person whose url you leave in the ask box. (If they’ve been talking about suicide, if they just seem down, if they mentioned having a plan to take their life, etc.) You probably know them better or have been looking at their blog longer, so it helps the posts get out faster if you provide details and help take some of the guesswork out of it.
- I love you. Every single freaking one of you. Don’t forget that. <3
- Please read the FAQ page before asking non-tip questions.